Could you use Avocado pulp as a replacement for fresh guacamole?
Whether you’re sourcing Avocados from Mexico or California, stormy weather, unpredictable harvesting issues, or even tariffs can cause issues in your supply chain. So we took a lot at substitutions restaurants that rely heavily on avocados for guacamole or dips could use in a crisis. Below are our findings.
- Always Ripe
- Consistent Pricing
- No Waste
- No labor cost
- Minimal cooler space needed
- Consistent in taste & texture
- Overripe or green fruit creates waste
- Variable cost per pound
- Creates difficulty for recipe/portion control
- Labor to scoop & mash avocados
- Utilizes more cooler space
- Inconsistent taste & texture