Alerts/ What’s Trending
- Undeclared allergen prompts chicken sausage recall J Bar B Foods recalled about 4,000 lbs. of RTE product.
- E. coli, Listeria recalls on West Coast Interstate Meat Distributors recalled more than 14,000 lbs. of meat in Oregon.
- NRA: Restaurants focusing on energy efficiency, food waste Around 80% of restaurants surveyed for NRA’s State of Restaurant Sustainability 2018 report use energy-efficient lighting and 60% use programmable thermostats. The report, which surveyed more than 500 operators and 1,000 consumers, also found that about 20% donate leftover food to charities.
- Comprehensive operating agreements can be key to avoiding disputes Restaurants and chefs can avoid some of the pain of a breakup with written agreements hammered out at the start of the relationships, said lawyer Simon Bloom. Agreements should spell out what could trigger a buyout offer and how the value of the business should be calculated.
- Rising labor expenses cost restaurants $250M in 2017 Higher wages continued to be a problem late last year, even at chains with rising sales, says RB’s The Bottom Line.
Continue reading “March 8th, 2018” »
Do you know the differences between the types of wheat and flour it produces?
Continue reading “Are You Using The Right Types Of Flour?” »
What steps can you take to improve your restaurants operation’s cost of goods sold (COGS)?
Continue reading “Did You Know Improving Cost Of Goods Sold?” »
Should you consider switching from retail packed grape tomatoes to a bulk package?
Continue reading “Are You Using The Right Grape Tomatoes?” »